Translate

Saturday, November 7, 2009


Recently I had been to TOPSLIP. It is also one among my routine [official] inspection tours to Pollachi-Valparai region. I was way laid and asked by a learned man [Perhaps a teaching faculty in IISc] why elephants often "VISIT" eastern side of the western ghats. Though I do not know much about the blocking of elephant corridor, I know one thing that humid southerly winds during June.July,August, & September is a factor which invites elephants to migrate to eastern slopes. But how to thwart elephants.

I suggested them to use GREEN LASER pointer as gun to chase the elephants. As LASER can travel several hundred meters without energy dissipation and as LASER can make hologram effect it will frighten elephants. Forest officials must come forward to use LASER as a tool to chase wild elephants.

No comments: